Website Wisdom - 10 Tips For Building and Maintaining a Website
Building & maintaining a website is crucial to establishing your brand. Small businesses looking to build an active on-line presence can easily and economically produce an incredibly functional and effective website for less than $20/month.
Don’t know where to start? A quick on-line search will yield plenty of results. WordPress is my go-to web management platform, having used it to create and maintain websites for 3 companies. Super easy to use with tons of templates, easily customizable to do anything you could dream of, WordPress offers unlimited options. For this site, I wanted something super easy, yet elegant and a little different than my day job so I chose Square Space. So far, I absolutely love it and highly recommend it to anyone with little to no website experience looking for an impressive site.
- Domain Do’s - Your domain name should be concise, easy to find, and correspond not only with your company name, but all social media accounts. Before you commit, research social media username availability to insure consistency.
- Choose Fonts Wisely - Avoid anything generic that looks like a default. Select sleek, modern font and colors that compliment your logo.
- Content Is Key - Add original content regularly. Share links on social platforms driving traffic back to your site.
- Create a Content Calendar - Map out each month ahead of time, vary new content, rotating between images, video, blog posts. (Insider tip: Before uploading an image to your site, change the name to include your website or company name so it will show up in on-line image searches)
- Start a Blog - Align yourself as an expert in your field by routinely creating original content that educates, enlightens and entertains your audience. Simply selling is a turn off.
- Social Support - Include links to all social accounts to encourage followers
- Create a Mailing List - If you wish to create a mailing list for email updates, create a sign-up button/link that automatically adds to an email management system like Constant Contact.
- Keep It Current – Keep all information updated & accurate, from phone numbers, email addresses, to employees, hours, etc. When a client stumbles across out of date, inaccurate information, the site looks neglected and they wonder what else you aren’t paying attention to, if you are even still in business.
- Evaluate Engagement - Sign up for free Google analytics to learn exactly where your traffic is coming from, where you can improve, etc
- Don’t Stop, Search - Inevitably, you will get stumped and have questions and you won’t be the first one asking. The web is full of tutorial videos, articles, posts and more. The path to your answer will likely provide additional tips you didn’t even know you needed.